Volcanic Ash & Travel Insurance – Frequently Asked Questions
In recent days, USA Flight Insurance has seen service request increase up to 300% due to the Iceland volcano eruption. We have collected a series of “frequently asked questions” (see below) and thought it would be helpful to share these.
“I am scheduled for future travel and purchased my insurance policy prior to this volcanic event. If this volcano subsides and then erupts again, causing my future travel plans to be disrupted, will this be considered unforeseen and could coverage apply?”
Answer: Under most of our US products, you would be covered based on your purchase date being prior to April 14, 2010, subject to policy terms and conditions.
“I am scheduled to travel this summer and have not yet purchased a policy. If I purchase a policy today and a future eruption of the Iceland volcano occurs would I be covered?”
Answer: If the current Iceland Volcano situation subsides and commercial airlines resume normal schedules prior to your trip, any new eruption would be considered a new event under our US policies. Coverage would be administered according to the product purchased (based on limits and exclusions).
“I have insurance and am scheduled to fly out later this week. What should I do if my flight is cancelled?”
Answer: The first call you should make is to your air carrier as all airlines have made rebooking passengers impacted by this event a priority. That said, please contact us for additional assistance, both for flight rebooking and to initiate a claim if applicable.
“What is the coverage cut-off date for the current Iceland volcano event?”
Answer: Eligible US plans would need to have been purchased before April 14, 2010.
“My relatives are stranded away from home. What can you do to help them?”
Answer: Our 24/7 assistance centers stand ready to help you and your customers. Our services include flight rebooking, hotel rebooking, cash wire transfers, translation services, message relay and more. Our worldwide reach has also helped our insureds avoid spending nights in airports, as we have helped get them accommodated in hotels during their delays.
- Romancing the Wallet: 10 Tips for Romantic Getaways On a Budget
- European Crisis and the Effect on Greece’s Travel Safety – 5 Things To Watch For in 2012
- Volcanic Ash & Travel Insurance – Frequently Asked Questions
- Choosing the Right Budget Travel Insurance
- Looking for Adventure, Beauty, Culture and a Unique Vacation? Then Choose Ecuador
- A Memorable Trip to Fiji; The Perfect Cheap Holiday
- Looking for the Perfect Getaway? Santorini, Greece is Where you Want to be
- Finding Last Minute Flights Online
- Invest in International Travel Insurance and Take the Stress out of your Travel
- Is Travel Insurance Worth the Cost?