Budget Travel for the Unemployed
Regardless of whether you are gainfully employed or not you will still want to take a vacation to enjoy your family, friends, and some free time away from the stress of looking for a job. Luckily, there are quite a few ways you can travel on a budget even if you are currently unemployed. The following are a few of the ways you can save money and still have a great vacation!
Day trips are a great way to have a mini vacation without having to spend money on lodging. Many times, lodging is the most expensive part of a vacation so when you eliminate that cost you will be able to save money and still have fun. Consider where you live and what locations are close enough for a day trip. Perhaps you live within a few hours from the beach or mountains, or a river where you could white water raft. Theme parks are fun, too, and great for a day trip.
If you are unemployed and money is tight consider traveling during the offseason. Everything is more affordable during the offseason from hotel rooms to park entrances and everything else you might be interested in.
If you are going on vacation and you plan on spending a few days you can save a lot of money by preparing your own food. Take a cooler with the basics like sandwich makings, drinks, and bottles of water. Pack chips, crackers, and other foods that travel well. Consider a hotel room with a kitchenette that you can prepare meals in and you can stop at a local grocery store and stock up on ingredients.
Look out for coupons to help you find a place to travel on a budget. Many times when the economy is suffering vacation spots offer coupons to bring in more business. Search the web, your newspaper, and even destination websites for coupons to help you save some money.
The great thing about travel is you can get in your car and go anywhere that sounds like fun to you. Get creative and explore the areas near home. More often than not there are great places to visit nearby that are a lot of fun that you may have overlooked your whole life. Get creative with taking a “vacation”, something you can even do at home by renting movies, making popcorn, and having a movie day with the whole family.
- Romancing the Wallet: 10 Tips for Romantic Getaways On a Budget
- European Crisis and the Effect on Greece’s Travel Safety – 5 Things To Watch For in 2012
- Volcanic Ash & Travel Insurance – Frequently Asked Questions
- Choosing the Right Budget Travel Insurance
- Looking for Adventure, Beauty, Culture and a Unique Vacation? Then Choose Ecuador
- A Memorable Trip to Fiji; The Perfect Cheap Holiday
- Looking for the Perfect Getaway? Santorini, Greece is Where you Want to be
- Finding Last Minute Flights Online
- Invest in International Travel Insurance and Take the Stress out of your Travel
- Is Travel Insurance Worth the Cost?