Viatical Life Insurance Settlements
What is a Viatical Trust Settlement Agreements?
A viatical life insurance settlement is an agreement between a business firm (specializing in such transactions) and a life insurance policyowner insuring the life of an individual with a life-threatening or terminal illness, normally with a life expectancy of two years or less.
The firm purchases the policy at 60 to 80% of the face amount, expecting to profit as the new policyowner. The insured is provided with tax exempt discounted value during the terminal illness, relinquishing all ownership rights to the buyer (e.g. an insured has a $100,000 policy and the Viatical Agreement is $60,000, the new owner upon the insured’s death could profit up to $40,000 less a very minimum business expense). The discounted proceeds are received by the insured at the time of the agreement. The policy must be in force when the agreement takes place. This is the latest use of life insurance.
- Romancing the Wallet: 10 Tips for Romantic Getaways On a Budget
- European Crisis and the Effect on Greece’s Travel Safety – 5 Things To Watch For in 2012
- Volcanic Ash & Travel Insurance – Frequently Asked Questions
- Choosing the Right Budget Travel Insurance
- Looking for Adventure, Beauty, Culture and a Unique Vacation? Then Choose Ecuador
- A Memorable Trip to Fiji; The Perfect Cheap Holiday
- Looking for the Perfect Getaway? Santorini, Greece is Where you Want to be
- Finding Last Minute Flights Online
- Invest in International Travel Insurance and Take the Stress out of your Travel
- Is Travel Insurance Worth the Cost?